This document has been prepared on the basis of the Association of Scientific Editors and Publishers (ASEP) “Rules for withdrawal (retraction) of an article from publication” and describes the procedure for correcting violations in scientific materials published by the Publishing House.
The rules for retraction of published articles are based on the provisions of guidelines, recommendations and standards of international professional organizations (primarily, the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and other foreign professional Russian and foreign organizations (in particular, the Association of Scientific Editors and Publishers (ASEP).
Retraction is a mechanism for correcting published scientific information and alerting readers that the publication contains serious flaws, erroneous data that cannot be trusted, cases of duplicate publications (when authors present the same data in several publications), plagiarism and concealing conflicts of interest that may have affected the interpretation of data or recommendations on their use.
- Grounds for withdrawal of an article:
– detection of plagiarism in a publication;
– duplication of the article in several publications;
– detection of falsification or fabrication in the work (e.g. falsification of experimental data);
– discovery of serious errors in the work (e.g. incorrect interpretation of the results), which casts doubt on its scientific value;
– incorrect staff of authors (there is no one who is worthy of being an author; persons who do not meet the criteria of authorship are included);
– hidden conflict of interest (and other violations of publication ethics);
– republishing an article without the consent of the author.
- Retraction of the article. The Publishing House retracts the article at the official request of the author / group of authors, explaining the reason for its decision, as well as by decision of the Editorial Board of the Journal on the basis of their own expertise or the information received by the Editorial Board. Retraction does not depend on the age of publication of the article in which the violation was found.
- The procedure of withdrawal (retraction). The procedure of withdrawal (retraction) of an article is carried out after the expertise and the decision is made by the editor-in-chief and the Editorial Board of the scientific journal on the basis of the results of the expertise. The decision to retract an article is formalized by the Minutes of the meeting of the Journal’s Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board must inform the author (the leading author in case of shared authorship) about the retraction of the article and justify its reasons. If the author / author’s team ignores the reports, the editorial board informs the ASEP Council on the Ethics of Scientific Publications about it as well as SEL (elibrary.ru) (information about the article and the full text remain on elibrary.ru, but are supplemented with information about retraction. The retracted articles and references from them are excluded from the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) and do not participate in calculation of indicators.
- Information about retraction of the article is placed in the nearest after the date of the decision in the section (Review of the article / Retraction). The article and the description of the article remain on the Internet site of the Journal as a part of the corresponding issue, but the electronic version of the text is labeled RETRACTED and the date of retraction. The same note is put in the table of contents of the issue. The comment to the article indicates the reason for retraction (if plagiarism is detected, the sources are indicated). The mechanical removal of articles from the electronic version of the journal and from the archive does not occur; the texts of the retracted articles remain where they were before with the appropriate notation. Information about the withdrawn articles is transmitted to the ASEP Council on the Ethics of Scientific Publications (for submitting information into the unified database of retracted articles) and to scientific electronic library – SEL (elibrary.ru) (information about the article and the full text remain on elibrary.ru, but are supplemented with information about retraction. Retracted articles and references to them are excluded from Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) and do not participate in the calculation of indicators). The same materials are sent to the ANRI Ethics Committee for inclusion in the Database of Retracted Articles of ANRI (DB RS ANRI).
Retraction Date: 10.09.2019
Retraction of an article by Polezhaev V. M. Theoretical and applied problems of federalism development in Soviet Russia // Vestnik Zabaykalskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2010. №10. P. 57-62.
The article published in the scientific journal “Transbaikal State University Journal” (2010. № 10. P. 57-62) titled “Theoretical and applied problems of federalism development in Soviet Russia”, the author is Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Polezhaev (email@example.com), is withdrawn from publication by the editor with the consent of the publisher. http://zabvestnik.com/wp-content/uploads/120919080914-polezhaev%20obed%202.pdf
The withdrawal (retraction) of the publication is due to the identification of a significant part of large-scale borrowings from the source: Voronina Yu. A. Evolution of Russian Federalism: Sociological Aspect: Ph. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Sociology: 02.00.04. Moscow, 2004.
Minutes of the meeting of the committee on publication ethics of the journal “Transbaikal State University Journal” dated by “10” September 2019. http://zabvestnik.com/wp-content/uploads/160919120923-Protokol.pdf