||Construction Industry in the Eastern Regions of Russia: Main Development Trends
||Gurova O.. ,
||Gurova O. N. Construction industry in the Eastern regions of Russia: main development trends // Transbaikal State University Journal. 2023. Vol. 29, no. 3. Р. 100–114. DOI: 10.2109/2227-9245-2023-29-3-100-114.
||The construction industry is one of the key industries and indicators of the economy.
Housing construction in particular is an important component of socio-economic
development. The purpose of the study is to identify the main trends in the construction
industry of the eastern regions of Russia. To achieve the goal, the methodology
of economic and statistical analysis is used based on Rosstat data, characterizing
the main indicators of the construction industry (the number of construction organizations,
their forms of ownership, the volume of housing construction, employment in
the construction industry, the amount of work performed by the type of activity “Construction”,
the volume of tax revenues from the construction industry). An important
indicator of assessing the work of the construction industry as a whole, in addition to
the volume of housing commissioning, is the volume of construction of socially significant
facilities. This analysis, as well as the construction of socially significant facilities,
is given for the subjects of the Far Eastern Federal District and the Baikal Region in
dynamics from 2010 to 2019. The socially significant objects, healthcare, education,
cultural and leisure type institutions are considered, their number and commissioning.
The study has been conducted using comparative analysis and the correlation
method, the source of information is official statistics. The construction complex in
the eastern regions of Russia in 2019 united 19794 active construction organizations.
Compared to 2010, their number has increased by 8549 units. In recent years (compared
to 1990), the eastern regions have been characterized by a reduction in the
volume of housing construction. The regions with low indicators of the construction
industry development are the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, the Jewish Autonomous
Region, the Transbaikal Territory, the leaders are the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), the
socially significant objects,
analysis, tax receipts,
employment of population,
social infrastructure, Far East,
||1. Aganbegyan A. G. Development of the Far East: National Program in the Context of National Projects.
Spatial Economics, no. 3, Vol. 15, pp. 165–181, 2019. DOI: 10.14530/se.2019.3.165–181 (In Rus.).
2. Belousova L. S. The construction complex of the region: directions of sustainable development and
assessment of the effect of their implementation. Economics and Management, no. 12, pp. 60–64, 2009. (In
3. Gazprom and the authorities of Sakhalin will invest 15 billion rubles in the construction of social facilities
Web. 10.02.2022. https://tass.ru/ekonomika/10197123. (In Rus.).
4. Glazyrina I. P., Gurova O. N.” Housing Problem” for Geostrategic Territories in the East of Russia. ЕСО,
no. 8, pp. 125–140, 2020. DOI: 10.30680/ЕСО0131-7652-2020-8-125-140. (In Rus.).
5. Gurova O. N. Housing conditions in the regions of Eastern Russia: basic parameters and correlations.
Transbaikal State University Journal, no. 7, Vol. 26, pp. 106–116. 2020. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2020-26-7-
106-116. (In Rus.).
6. Divina L. E., Ordynskaya M. Y., Tausova I. F. A study of the statistical dynamics of the construction sector
development of the Southern Federal District and the Republic of Adygea. Regional economy and management:
electronic scientific journal. Web. 13.09.2022. https://eee-region.ru/article/6309. (In Rus.).
7. Lipatnikov, V. S. & A. A. Udalova. (2020). Impact of the new escrow account-based model of financing
home construction on the primary real estate market. Region: Economics and Sociology, no. 3, pp. 242–269,
2020. DOI: 10.15372/REG20200310. (In Rus.).
8. Mingazov S. Analysts saw the future decline in housing construction in a decrease in escrow accounts.
Web. 19.04.2023. https://www.forbes.ru/finansy/482812-analitiki-uvideli-budusij-spad-stroitel-stva-zil-a-v-snizenii-
sredstv-eskrou-scetov. (In Rus.).
9. Ministry of Economic Development of the Khabarovsk Territory. Web. 01.02.2022. https://minec.khabkrai.
ru/events/Novosti/5111. (In Rus.).
10. Ministry of Construction and Housing and Communal Services of the Russian Federation. Web.
shkoly-dorogi-inzhenernye-seti. (In Rus.).
11. In the Far East, 362 escrow accounts have been opened in four months. Web. 19.04.2023. https://
yakutia-daily.ru/na-dalnem-vostoke-za-chetyre-mesyacza-otkryto-362-eskrou-scheta. (In Rus.).
12. Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. Moscow: Rosstat, 2020. (In Rus.)
13. Rogov P. V. Transformation of the building industry of Siberia: theory and practice (by the example of
the Siberian regions). Bulletin of the Udmurt University, no. 4. Vol. 27, pp. 538–546. 2017. (In Rus.).
14. Yurzinova I. L., Kolotovskaya D. D., Yushkevich O. V. Corporate finance in construction. Modern Science:
Actual Problems of Theory and Practice. Series: Economics and Law, no. 5–6, pp. 58–60, 2013. (In Rus.).
15. Glazyrina I. P., Faleychik L. M., Faleychik A. A. Institutional Policy and the Role of Foreign Direct Investment
in the Far East of Russia. Regional Research of Russia, no. 4, Vol. 11, pp. 625–637, 2021. (In Eng.).
|Full article||Construction Industry in the Eastern Regions of Russia: Main Development Trends|