||One of the important tasks in the modern development of the Russian state
is the reassessment of the country’s agricultural agenda, while the agro-industrial
complex is included in the priority directions of economic development. In this regard,
the solving the problem discussed in the paper allows identifying further guidelines in
the development of the agricultural sector in the region, taking into account the values
of young people. The purpose of the study is to identify the evaluative judgments of
young people regarding the choice of their educational trajectory and readiness to
link their professional activities with rural areas on the example of the Kuzbass agricultural university. A number of tasks have been set to solve this aim including, firstly,
to determine the essential characteristics of the professional identity of young people, secondly, to review research papers related studying the identity of young people and
its varieties, thirdly, to analyze the results of focused interviews among students of
Agricultural Institute of Kuzbass, and finally, to develop practical recommendations
for implementing the results of the empirical research into the educational process.
Currently, there is a significant disproportion between the population in the city and
in the countryside. However, this does not eliminate the tasks set by the state for the
intensive development of the agro-industrial sector, attracting new investors and, of
course, creating comfortable working and living conditions for young people as a new
paradigm for the development of rural areas. The results of the study allowed us to
identify two components in the professional identity of young people: motivational,
related to the choice of an educational trajectory of study at an agricultural university;
promising, related to professional activity with agricultural production. Practical recommendations on improving individual career guidance activities with schoolchildren
and the educational process in the agricultural university of Kuzbass are presented.
An effective tool for the professional self-determination of young people can be the
joint activity of the University, the business community of agricultural industry and the
authorities to create a positive image of the rural areas among young people.
||1. Baranov N. A., Bugaychuk T. V., Koryakovtseva O. A. Civil identity of Russians: a modern political
concept: monograph. Yaroslavl: YuGPU, 2022. (In Rus.).
2. Zhade Z. A. Identity politics in the regional dimension: the case of the Republic of Adygea. Society:
politics, economics, law, no. 8, pp. 13–18, 2022. (In Rus.).
3. Identity: personality, society, politics. Encyclopedic edition / otv. ed. I. S. Semenenko. Moscow: Whole
world, 2017. (In Rus.).
4. Martynov M. Yu., Purtova V. S. Values of patriotism and the formation of civil identity (based on
sociological survey in Yugra). Bulletin of the Udmurt University. Sociology. Political science. International
relationships, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 14–19, 2019. (In Rus.).
5. Matveeva E. V., Alagoz A. V., Panichkina E. V., Askhakova A. P. The phenomenon of culture in the
system of representations of student youth of Kuzbass (on materials of focused interviews). Bulletin of the
Transbaikal State University, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 129–138, 2023. (In Rus.).
6. Miroshnichenko I. V. Construction of local communities as a component of rural development policy.
Trajectories of political development of Russia: institutions, projects, actors: materials of the All-Russian
scientific conference of RAPS with international participation. Moscow: MPGU, 2019. (In Rus.).
7. Morozova E. V., Miroshnichenko I. V., Semenenko I. S. Development of rural local communities: the
potential of identity politics. Polis. Political studies, no. 3, pp. 56–77, 2020. (In Rus.).
8. Morozova E. V. Rural Identity: Political Perspective. Development Policy, State and World Order:
proceedings of the VIII All-Russian Congress of Political Scientists; ed. O. V. Gaman-Golutvina, L. V. Smorgunova,
L. N. Timofeeva. Moscow, Aspect Press, 2018. (In Rus.).
9. Pavlova K. N. Identity of student youth: methodological aspect. Postgraduate student. Supplement to
the journal Bulletin of the Transbaikal State University, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 2022. (In Rus.).
10. Plotichkina N. V. Rural identity as «identity with a place». Collections of conferences of the National
Research Center Sociosphere, no. 34, pp. 34–38, 2019. (In Rus.).
11. Plotichkina N. V. Territorial identity as a resource for the policy of rural development. Central Russian
Bulletin of Social Sciences, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 227–243, 2020. (In Rus.).
12. Rakachev V. N., Morozova E. V. Higher education as a resource for regional development policy: an
example of the Krasnodar Territory. Bulletin of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. Series: Political
science, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 827–855, 2022. (In Rus.).
13. Fedotova V. A. Identity as a determinant of trust in power and political activity on the example of
Russian youth. Questions of Political Science, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2022. (In Rus.).
14. Shneider L. B. Personal, gender and professional identity: theory and diagnostic methods. Moscow:
MPSI, 2007. (In Rus.).
15. Fadeeva L. A. Identity in the political constructions of modernity: editorial intro-duction. Journal of
Political Science, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 521–524, 2021. (In Eng.).