||Investigation of the Deformation of Filter Membranes Made from Fibrous Polymeric Materials in Devices for Clarification of Recycling Water of Mining Enterprises
||Gerasimov V.. , Nizhegorodtsev E.. Postgraduate Student,
||Gerasimov V. M., Nizhegorodtcev E. I. Investigation of the deformation of filter membranes made from fibrous polymeric materials in devices for clarification of recycling water of mining enterprises // Transbaikal State University Journal. 2023. Vol. 29, no. 3. P. 8–15. DOI: 10.2109/2227-9245-2023-29-3-8-15.
||Earth and Environmental Sciences
||Preserving the ecological cleanliness of the natural mountain-taiga territories
of Siberia and the Far East during the development of mineral deposits remains an
important task. Technological processes in mine workings are associated with the use
of a large amount of clean water coming from mountain rivers, streams, underground
sources. Significant volumes of water treatment are used in the open-cast mining
of mineral deposits, especially at hydromechanized landfills for the extraction of alluvial
gold. Polluted water, after passing through industrial devices for extracting gold,
moves to settling tanks formed by dams. Large volumes of contaminated process water
accumulate in the cascades of sedimentation tanks of mining enterprises, which
must be treated. The gravitational method of sedimentation of solids from polluted
water is the main and long-term one. Water clarification by mechanical method using
mechanical filters is more efficient. There is a large class of filter materials used in mechanical
filters. In recent years, nonwoven materials made of synthetic fibers made
using needle-punched technology have been distinguished from this class. Under the
action of the pressure of the treated circulating water, the membranes from fibrous
materials in the filters are deformed; there is a danger of their rupture. The object of
study is a filter membrane baffle of a round-shaped filter loaded with static pressure
of a liquid. The research methods are as follows: experimental measurements of the
maximum displacement of membrane points with significant stretching, theoretical
calculations of displacements based on the laws of the theory of elasticity. The purpose
of the work is the determination of limiting pressures of the liquid to be purified
during the deformation of free round-shaped membranes made of fibrous materials.
The following results are obtained: the limiting values of the liquid pressure have
been determined, at which the strength of the membranes will be ensured without
additional reinforcement with metal gratings. The characteristics of the ultimate pressure
depend on the bulk density of the fibrous material, the height of the layer and the
diameter of the filter. In cases where filters with a diameter of more than 20 cm are
used, it is necessary to install additional supporting grids to support the membrane
||ecology, mining enterprises,settling tanks, recycled water,clarification, filters, mechanicalmethod, pressure, filter membrane,limit state
||1. Volmir A. S. Flexible plates and shells. Moscow: Gostehizdat, 1956. (In Rus).
2. Gerasimov V. M. Highly efficient purification of circulating waters of gold mining enterprises using fibrous
materials. Mining magazine, no. 12, pp. 94–97, 2019. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2019.12.20. (In Rus).
3. Gerasimov V. M. Peculiarities of deformation of filter materials from fibrous polymer media. Fundamentals
of mechanics. no. 10. pp. 82–84, 2022. DOI: 10.26160/2542-0127-2022-10-82-84. (In Rus).
4. Zenkov I. V. Review of foreign research in the area of mining production. Mining magazine, no. 10,
pp. 96–99, 2016. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2016.10.20. (In Rus).
5. Kuskov A. S. Modeling of composite plates and shells: monograph. Perm: Perm state university, 2020.
6. Ostapenko S. P. Methodological approach to characterizing pollution of natural water bodies using satellite
data with account of aggregation of finely dispersed mineral processing waste. Mining, no. 6, pp. 110–116,
2021. DOI: 10.30686/1609-9192-2021-6-110-116. (In Rus).
7. Rafienko V. A. Improvement of filter-fabrics for mining industry. Mining, no. 2, pp. 86–89, 2021. DOI:
10.30686/1609-9192-2021-2-86-89. (In Rus).
8. Stelmashuk D. O. Study of tensile mechanical properties of geotextiles and geogrids used in civil engineering.
Young scientist. no. 1, pp. 82–87, 2017. (In Rus).
9. Subbotin Yu. V. Open pit mining of mineral deposits. Prague: Sociosféra-CZ, 2013. (In Rus).
10. Tagibaev D. D. Water clarification by filtration. Innovative science, no. 1–2, pp. 92–95, 2017. (In Rus).
11. Treshhalin Yu. M. Analysis of the structure and properties of nonwoven materials. Moscow: Gostehizdat,
2016. (In Rus).
12. Houari B., Louhibi S., Tizaoui K., Boukli-Hacene L., Benguella B., Thierry Roisnel, Dorcet V. New synthetic
material removing heavy metals from aqueous solutions and wastewater. Arabian journal of chemistry,
vol. 9, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/Arabic.2016.11.010. (In Eng.).
13. Sabino De Gisi, Giusy Lofrano, Grassi M., Notarnicola M. Characteristics and adsorption capacities
of low-cost sorbents for wastewater treatment: A review. Sustainable Materials and Technologies, vol. 9,
pp. 10–40, 2016. DOI:10.1016/j.susmat.2016.06.002. (In Eng.).
14. Lin C., Zhang X., Han J. Comprehensive material characterizations of pavement structure installed
with wicking fabrics. Journal of materials in Civil Engineering, no. 31, 2019. Web. 21.03.2023. https://www.
Installed_with_Wicking_Fabrics. (In Eng.).
15. Wang F., Han J., Zhang X., Guo J. Laboratory tests to evaluate effectiveness of wicking geotextile in
soil moisture reduction. Geotextiles and Geomembranes, no. 45, pp. 8–13, 2017. (In Eng.).
|Full article||Investigation of the Deformation of Filter Membranes Made from Fibrous Polymeric Materials in Devices for Clarification of Recycling Water of Mining Enterprises|