||New data on the hessite of the Baley ore field in Eastern Transbaikalia (Russia)
||Yurgenson G.. ,
||The relevance lies in the need to have information about the prevalence and paragenesis of hessite, which is one of the main mineral carriers of Te in the gold and silver ores of the unique Baley ore field in Transbaikalia. Te refers to the rarest chemical elements, the use of which has been steadily increasing lately. During the development of the Baleysky and Taseyevsky gold and silver deposits in 1929–1993, only Au and Ag were extracted from the ores, all Te went into the dump. Both deposits are not fully developed. The resources of the Au category P1 of the Baleyskoye field are estimated at 35 tons. The remaining Au reserves of the Taseyevskoye field, approved by the GKZ, amount to 105 tons. In the coming years, it is planned to extract the remaining reserves of Au-Ag ores from these deposits, containing Te mainly in the form of hessite, so knowledge about it will be important for the development of technology for its associated extraction. The purpose of the research is to study the mineral associations of the Baley ore field containing hessite. The object of research is Au–Ag ores of the Baley ore field, the subject of research is the forms of isolation and variations of the chemical composition of hessite.
Method and methodology – optical and electron microscopy with the identification of shapes and sizes of individuals and aggregates of hessite, as well as the determination of its chemical composition. Research results: for the first time, the study of the ores of the Baley ore field with a high Te content was carried out and the relatively wide development of hessite was established. It is in association with petzite, altaite, silvanite, empresite, stutzite, pilsenite, as well as tellurium-containing uytenbogaardite, gold, many sulfosols and sulfides, quartz, dolomite, siderite, kaolinite, adular and other minerals. The peculiarity of the hessite Baley ore field is the variability of its composition. Two groups of hessite individuals have been identified. The first one includes hessite, which does not contain impurities. Of these, stoichiometric composition has only 22 %. They correspond to the composition of Ag2Te, in 32.2 % of cases there is an excess of Ag compared to Te (up to Ag2,1Te0,9), and in 45,8 % of samples there is a lack of Ag (up to Ag1,86 Te1,14). In part of the hessite individuals, it is compensated by the Au replacing it. For the first time, hessite containing an admixture of Pb, probably replacing Ag, was identified
||Keywords: Tellurium, silver, gold, hessite, tellurides, compositional variability, tellurium-bearing uytenbogaardite, Taseevskoye deposit, Baleiskoye ore field, Eastern Transbaikalia
||Yurgenson G. New data on the hessite of the Baley ore field in Eastern Transbaikalia (Russia) // Transbaikal State University Journal, 2022, vol. 28, no. 10, pp.38-52. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2022-28-10-38-52
||1. Baleyskoye rudnoye pole. Kollektivnaya monografiya (Baley ore field. Collective monograph). Moscow: CRGEINFPM, 1984. 272 p.
2. Ivanov V.V. Ekologicheskaya geokhimiya elementov (Ecological geochemistry of elements). Moscow: Nedra, 1996. 353 p.
3. Litvinenko I.S., Shilina L.A. Zapiski rossiyskogo mineralogicheskogo obschestva (Notes of the Russian Mineralogical Society), 2020, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 18–37.
4. Nekrasov I.Ya. Geohimiya, mineralogiya i genezis zolotorudnyh mestorozhdeniy (Geochemistry, mineralogy and genesis of gold deposits). Moscow: Nauka, 1991. 302 p.
5. Rutshteyn I.G., Bogach G.I., Vinnichenko E.L., Negoda V.M., Pinaeva T.A., Shivokhin E.A., Karasev V.V., Nadezhdina T.N. Gosudarstvennaya geologicaya karta Rossiyskoy Federattsyi masshtaba 1:200000. Seria priargunskaya. list m-50-III (Baley). Izdaniye vtoroye. Obyasnitelnaya zapiska (State geological map of the Russian Federation scale 1:200000. Priargunskaya series. Sheet M-50-III (Baley). Second edition. Explanatory note). Moscow: VSEGEI, 1998. 222 p.
6. Spiridonov A. M., Zorina L. D., Kitaev N. A. Zolotonosnye rudno-magmaticheskiye sistemy Zabaikalya (Gold-bearing ore-magmatic systems Transbaikalia). Novosibirsk: GEO, 2006. 291 p.
7. Spiridonov E. M. Zapiski Rossiyskogo mineralogicheskogo obschestva (Notes of the Russian Mineralogical Society), 1996, vol. 125, no. 6, pp. 1–10.
8. Yaroshevskiy A. A. Geokhimiya (Geochemistry), 2006, no. 1, pp. 54-62.)
9. Greffie C., Bailly L., Milesi J.-P. Economic Geology. 2002. Vol. 97, no. 3. Pp. 561–571.
10. IMA, 2021. The New IMA List of Minerals – a Work in Progress. Updated: July 2021. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/352035655_IMA_Commission_on_New_Minerals_Nomenclature_and_Classification_CNMNC_-_Newsletter_61 (date of access: 21.10.2022). Text: electronic.
11. Malcolm E. Back. Fleisher’s Glossary of Mineral Species. 2014. 420 p. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281422276_Fleischer\'s_Glossary_of_Mineral_Species_by_Malcolm_E_Back_The_Mineralogical_Record_PO_Box_30730_Tucson_AZ_85751_wwwmineralogicalrecordcom_420_pages_2014_34_spiral_bound (date of access: 21.10.2022). Text: electronic.
12. Missen O.P., Ram R., Mills S.J., Etschmann B., Reith F., Shuster J., Smith D.J., Brugger J. Earth-Science Reviews. 2020. Vol. 204. P. 103–150.
13. Kondratieva L.A., Anisimova G.S., Kardashevskaia V.N. Minerals. 2021. Vol. 11. P. 698. Available at: https://doi.org/10.3390/min11070698 (date of access: 21.10.2022). Text: electronic.
14. Kalinin A. A. Minerals. 2021. Vol. 11. Pp. 574–579.
15. Kampf A.R., Housley R.M., Mills S.J., Marty J., Thorne B. American Mineralogist. 2010. Vol. 95, no. 8/9. Pp. 1329–1336.
16. Kampf A.R., Mills S.J., Housley R.M., Marty J., Thorne B. American Mineralogist. 2010. Vol. 95. Pp. 1554–1559.
17. Pekov I.V. Minerals first discovered on the territory of the Soviet Union. Moscow: Ocean pictures, 1998. 369 p.
18. Xing Y., Etschmann B., Liu W., Mei Y., Shvarov Y., Testemale D., Tomkins A., Brugger J. Chemical Geology. 2019. Vol. 504. Pp. 158–176.
Pekov I.V. Minerals first discovered on the territory of the Soviet Union. Moscow: Ocean pictures, 1998. 369 p.
12. Xing Y., Etschmann B., Liu W., Mei Y., Shvarov Y., Testemale D., Tomkins A., Brugger J. Chemical Geology. 2019. Vol. 504. Pр. 158–176
Благодарности. Автор признателен Е.А. Василенко за участие в оформлении рис.1 и 2.
Работа выполнена в рамках госзадания по теме № FUFR-2021-0005
|Full article||New data on the hessite of the Baley ore field in Eastern Transbaikalia (Russia)|