||The formation of the banking supervision and regulation system in the Russian Federation is largely due to the recommendations of the Basel Accord. The purpose of the presented study is to determine the feasibility and prospects of cooperation between the Central Bank of the Russian Federation and the Bank for International Settlements on banking supervision and regulation within the framework of the Basel Agreement. The object of the study is the Central Bank of the Russian Federation; the subject is the cooperation of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. The research methods are presented by an integrated approach, a systematic and logical analysis of economic phenomena, a method of comparative analysis. The study examines the directions for improving the Basel Accord proposed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision – the updated Basel Accord is designed for 5 years, the members of the Basel Committee plan to begin its implementation on January 1, 2023. The analysis of the feasibility of the Bank of Russia implementing the new requirements of the Basel Accord was carried out, provided that the access of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation to all services, meetings and other events of the Bank for International Settlements has been suspended since end-February 2022. The results of the study showed that the Bank of Russia\'s implementation of the recommendations of the Basel Accord is expedient and necessary – of the 28 member jurisdictions of the Basel Committee, the17 are included in the «List of foreign states and territories committing unfriendly acts against the Russian Federation…» and the 10 countries are friendly towards the Russian Federation. The 3 countries with observer status were also not included in the specified list. Compliance with the standards of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision will allow the Russian Federation to guarantee its counterparties from friendly countries the security of international settlements and the stability of international economic relations
||banking supervision, banking regulation, Central Bank of the Russian Federation, Bank for International Settlements, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, Russia, cooperation, prospects, improvement, contractors
||1. Zagalova Z. A. Finansy, dengi, investitsii (Finance, money, investments), 2022, no. 1, pp. 3–9.
2. Zubkova S. V. Sovremennaya nauka: aktualnye problemy teorii i praktiki. Seriya: Ekonomika i pravo (Modern Science: actual problems of theory and practice. Series: Economics and Law), 2021, no. 7, pp. 44–47.
3. Klek A.V. Nauchnoe obozrenie. Ekonomicheskie nauki (Scientific Review. Economic sciences), 2021, no. 2, pp. 23–28.
4. Korostiev A. A. Tendentsii razvitiya nauki i obrazovaniya (Trends in the development of science and education), 2021, no. 70–6, pp. 51–57.
5. Smirnov V. D. Ekonomika. Nalogi. Pravo (Economy. Taxes. Right), 2021, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 81–90.
6. Yusupova, E. R. Upravlenie finansovymi riskami (Financial risk Management), 2021, no. 4, pp. 296–300.
7. Promoting global monetary and financial stability. Available at: https://www.bis.org/about/areport/areport2022.pdf (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
8. History of the Basel Committee and Its Membership. Available at: https://www.bis.org/publ/bcbsc101.pdf (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
9. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. Available at: https://www.bis.org/bcbs/publ/d424_hlsummary.pdf (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
10. Financial Stability Board. Available at: https://www.fsb.org/work-of-the-fsb/implementation-monitoring/monitoring-of-priority-areas/basel-iii (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
11. Vedomosty (Statements). Available at: https://www.vedomosti.ru/economics/news/2022/06/01/924683-rossiya-poluchit-okolo-285-mlrd-za-eksport (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
12. Cabane L., Lodge M. Banking Regulation in and for Crisis. Available at: https://oxfordre.com/politics/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190228637.001.0001/acrefore-9780190228637-e-1599 (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
13. Freixas X., Santomero A. M. Economics and Business Working Paper, 2003, No. 664, pp. 5–26.
14. Mitchell C. Business and Politics, 2022, no. 24, pp. 1–17.
15. Moody\'s Analytics. Available at: https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media/whitepaper/2011/11-01-03-Regulation-Guide-Introduction.pdf (date of access 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.
16. Nayak R. Journal of Banking Regulation, 2021, vol. 22, pp. 261–274.
17. Pagliari S., Wilf M. Regulation & Governance, 2021, no. 15, pp. 933-951.
18. Rizk A. Safer. 2022. Available at: https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delivery.php?ID=591008092002068090114112083030075024057083047011093057124024024005121013070083122076006012033059126097000029127125070126004010019037091041086076067100024067097092091058061002116098028065080121119016120112123025106005101028098087103114092110109092026094&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE (date of access: 15.08.2022). Text: electronic.