||Formation of the international image of RUSSIA by foreign media
||Romanova I.. , Cherenkova E.. ,
||In modern conditions, the image of Russia in the international arena is an extremely urgent problem. Therefore, the formation of the country\'s international image is a strategic task. The object of the study is the international image of Russia. The subject of the study is the formation of the international image of Russia by foreign media (using the example of CNN). The purpose of the study is to study the theoretical foundations of the formation of the international image of the state in the media, as well as to find out what international image of Russia is formed by foreign media (using the example of CNN). The implementation of the stated goal involves solving the following tasks: to study the concept and structure of the image of the state; to consider the factors of formation of the international image of the state; to determine the role of the media in the formation of the international image of the state; give a brief description of foreign media and consider CNN as a global information channel; to conduct a study of the international image of Russia, formed by CNN; to identify the problems and prospects of the formation of the international image of Russia in foreign media. The methodological basis of the study was made up of theoretical and empirical methods of scientific cognition. Among the theoretical methods used are: analysis, synthesis, generalization, induction, deduction, classification, etc. One of the empirical methods is a quantitative analysis of the content (content analysis) of the text of news headlines of articles published on the websites of CNN.
The article presents the results of a study of news headlines posted on the CNN website that form the international image of Russia. The analysis of news headlines has been carried out on the basis of the selected image-forming categories: image of the head of state, image of the Armed Forces, foreign policy image of the country, image of the country\'s economy, image of science and sports. The content analysis involved determining whether the title belongs to one of the image-forming categories; conducting a sociometric assessment of each of the categories from the position of influence on the international image of Russia (positive, negative or neutral). The problems and prospects of the formation of the international image of Russia in foreign media were formulated
||Key words: international image of Russia, image of the country, factors of image formation, mass media, CNN, news headlines, image of science, image of sports, content analysis, sociometric assessment
||Cherenkova Е., Romanova I. Formation of the international image of RUSSIA by foreign media // Transbaikal State University Journal, 2022, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 90-100. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2022-28-6-90-100
||1. Boulding K. Sravn/fe/naya vnes^nyayajD〇//f伙a. Ed. КЛал R/dez* (Comparative foreign policy. Ed. W. Khan Reeder). New York. 1971, pp. 90-102.
2. Bozadzhiyev V. L. Po//t/cheskaya ps/ho/og/ya: uchebnoye posob/ye d/ya studentov vyssh/h uchebnyh zaveden/y (Political psychology: a textbook for students of higher educational institutions). Moscow: Academy of Natural Sciences, 2015, 474 p.
3. Bulgarov M. A., Tonyan M. N., Kutovaya A. A. ^bz/d Sc/ence: prab/ems and /nnovat/ons: sb. statey /X Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf.: v 2 ch. (World Science: problems and innovations: Sat. articles IX Intern. scientific- practical. Conf.: at 2 pm). Penza: Science and Education, 2017, part 2. p. 110-113.
4. Gadzhiyev K. S. M/rovaya ekonom/ka / mezhdunarodnye otnoshen/ya (World economy and international relations), 2017, no. 12, р。. 11.
5. Galumov E. A. Mezhdunarodny /m/dzh sovremennoy Ross//: Po//to/og/chesk/y ana//z: d/s. ... d-ra po//t. nauk (International image of modern Russia: political analysis: dis. ... dr. polit. sciences). Moscow, 2004. 301 p.
6. Galinskaya T. N. Vfestn/k Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo un/vers/teta (Bulletin of the Orenburg State University), 2013, no. 11, np. 17-21.
7. Zharina 〇.A. ea/t/yskyguman/tarny zhurna/(Baltic Humanitarian Journal), 2019, no. 2, fp. 235-237.
8. Lebedeva T. P., Mikhaylenko T. A. Vestn/k Moskovskogo un/vers/teta. Ser/ya 21. Uprav/en/ye (gosudarstvo /■obschestvo) (Bulletin of the Moscow University. Series 21. Management (state and society)), 2011, no. 1. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/imidzh-gosudarstva-v-mirovom-politicheskom-prostranstve-strukturnye-modeli- formirovaniya (date of access: 04/01/2022). Text: electronic.
9. Lassuell G. D. Tekhn/ka propagandy vm/rovoy voyne/per. s ang/., otv. red. D. V. Yefremenko (Propaganda technique in the world war / transl. from English, resp. ed. D. V. Efremenko). Moscow: Center for Social. scientific- inform. research RAN. INION, 2021, 237 p.
10. Li Alfred MacKlung i Elizabet Brayant Li. /zobraz/te/noye /skusstvo propagandy: /ss/edovan/ye rechey ottsa Kofl/na. Inst/tut ana//za propagandy (The Fine Art of Propaganda: A Study of Father Coughlin\'s Speeches. Institute for Propaganda Analysis). New York: Harcourt, Brace and Co, 1939.
11. Pitko 〇.A. Mezhdunarodny zhurna/ pr/kladnykh / fundame^ta/nykh /ss/edovan/y (International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research), 2017, no. 4-3, pp. 581-584.
12. Sagalayeva S. S. Vestn/k Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo //ngv/st/cheskogo un/vers/teta. Obshchestvennyye nauk/ (Bulletin of the Moscow State Linguistic University. Social Sciences), 2020, no. 2. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/imidzh-gosudarstva-suschnost-i-podhody-k-opredeleniyu (date of access: 04/01/2022). Text: electronic.
13. Tlepbergenova A. A. Stranovoy /m/dzh (Country image). Almaty: Kazakh University, 2011. 78 p.
14. Kharbikh S. K. Sots/a/no-guman/tarnyye znan/ya (Social and humanitarian knowledge), 2015, no. 2. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/mezhdunarodnyy-imidzh-gosudarstva-faktory-formirovaniya (date of access: 04/01/2022). Text: electronic.
15. Khochunskaya L. V. Vestn/k RUDM L/teraturoveden/ye, zhurna//st/ka (Bulletin of the RUDN. Literature, Journalism), 2013, no. 2, рр. 91-95.
|Full article||Formation of the international image of RUSSIA by foreign media|