||Hypertrophied ethnocentrism and its consequences (part II)
||Napso M.. ,
||The ethnocentrism issues are considered, the conditions which make the given phenomenon socially and politically claimed are analyzed. The nature of the changes to which the sphere of ethnic life is subjected and which actualize the need to address the idea of ethnocentrism is shown. The author emphasizes the complexity, ambiguity and ambivalence of ethnocentrism as an ideology and as a worldview, pointing out its role in the formation and evolution of the political and ethno-cultural picture of the world. The idea that superiority (or national exclusivity) is dominant in a hypertrophied ethnocentric worldview is argued. The conditions under which radical ethnocentrism leads to negative consequences, such as ethnophobia, nationalism, fascism, nazism, used as means to achieve specific political goals, are considered. The main features of these phenomena of worldview nature, acting as ideology, politics and system of social actions are revealed. The destructive and anti-human tendency of radical nationalism and its consequences for the existence of society and individuals are shown, and their impact on the specific functioning of social and political institutions is revealed. The destructiveness of absolutized ethnocentrism and radical nationalism for the existence and development of multi-ethnic states is shown. The phenomenon of ethnocentrism is the object of the research. The subject of the research is the consequences of hypertrophied ethnocentrism. The aim of the work is to consider the conditions and factors that lead to the emergence of radical forms of ethnocentrism, which have a negative impact on the system of socio-political and interethnic relations. The use of dialectical methods of comparative analysis and synthesis make it possible to implement the intended goals of the study
||Keywords: еthnocentrism; radical ethnocentrism; ethnophobia; national exclusiveness; idea of superiority; discrimination; nationalism; chauvinism; fascism; nazism
||Napsо M. Hypertrophied ethnocentrism and its consequences (part II) // Transbaikal State University Journal, 2022, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 63-68. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2022-28-6-63-68
||1. Aleksis de Tokvil. O demokratii v Amerike (On Democracy in America). Available at: https://librebook.me/democracy_in_america (date of access 05/06/2022). Text: electronic.
2. Arutyunyan N. L. Aktualnye problemy filologii i pedagogicheskoy lingvistiki (Actual problems of philology and pedagogical linguistics), 2017, no. 1. p. 67–75. Available at: https://www.elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_28906307_18722817.pdf (date of access: 04/24/2022). Text: electronic.
3. Dugin A. Natsionalizm: prestupnaya fiktsiya i ideologicheskiy tupik (Nationalism: criminal fiction and ideological impasse). Available at: https://zavtra.ru/blogs/natcionalizm_prestupnaya_fiktciya_i_ideologicheskij_tupik (date of access: 05/11/2022). Text: electronic.
4. Ideologiya “isklyuchitelnosti” (The ideology of \"exclusivity\"). Available at: https://el-tolstyh.livejournal.com/8922669.html (date of access: 05/04/2022). Text: electronic.
5. Putin V. V. Rossiya borolas\' i budet borotsya s radikalnym natsionalizmom (Russia has fought and will fight against radical nationalism). Available at:https://ria.ru/20150416/1058940709.html (date of access: 05/12/2022). Text: electronic.
6. Triandis G. K. Kultura i sotsialnoye povedeniye (Culture and social behavior). Available at: https://vk.com/doc51726873_437079434 (date of access: 05/04/2022). Text: electronic.
7. Uolter S. Bereginya. 777. Sova: Obshchestvo. Politika. Ekonomika (Bereginya. 777. Owl: Society Politics. Economy), 2016, no. 4. рp. 266‒274. Available at: https://www.elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_29981039_89765908.pdf (date of access: 05/10/2022). Text: electronic.
8. Fabrikant M. S. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost (Social sciences and modernity), 2013, no. 1. рp. 141–153. Available at: https://www.elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_18864850_74953591.pdf (date of access: 05/10/2022). Text: electronic.
9. Breuilly J. Nationalism and the State (Nationalism and the State). Manchester University Press, 1993. 474 p. Available at: https://gendocs.ru/v19681/?cc=1&view=pdf (date of access: 05/08/2022). Text: electronic.
10. Fascism. Cambridge Dictionary (Fascism. Cambridge Dictionary). Available at: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fascism (accessed: 05/11/2022). Text: electronic.
|Full article||Hypertrophied ethnocentrism and its consequences (part II) |