||The role of tourism in modern Russian-Mongolian relations
||Dorzhieva I.. , Tsyrempilova E.. ,
||The article is devoted to the role of tourism in modern Russian-Mongolian relations. The object of the research is the Russian-Mongolian relations at the present stage of development. The subject of the research is the interaction of Russia and Mongolia in the field of tourism. The goal of the research is to scientifically substantiate the role of tourism in modern Russian-Mongolian relations. In accordance with the goal, the following tasks are defined: 1) to consider the potential of tourism in Russia-Mongolia relations in modern conditions; 2) to highlight the most promising areas of tourism in Russian-Mongolian relations, according to the results of an expert survey. Interdisciplinary approach and the method of comparative analysis are the methodological basis of the research.
Tourism is presented as an important resource of the «soft power» of the state, capable of forming a certain image of the state. Along with political and economic cooperation, the tourism potential of the country has a significant impact on the development of relations between countries. As favorable factors contributing to the development of Russian-Mongolian relations in the field of tourism, one can single out the geopolitical position of both countries, a long history of good neighborly cooperation, common history and culture, the availability of tourism resources, and the establishment of a visa-free regime between countries. The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and the current unstable situation in world politics had a negative impact on the tourism industry. The importance of expert consideration of some aspects of Russian-Mongolian tourism cooperation is associated with the identification of promising areas and trends in this area and the search for ways to solve existing problems. The potential of tourism as a tool of «soft power» is quite high. Improving the tourism infrastructure, increasing the availability of travel for the population, the availability of effective advertising on the international market, expanding the range of tourism products and services will help strengthen cooperation between Russia and Mongolia not only in the tourism sector, but also in cultural, socio-economic terms
||Keywords: Russian-Mongolian relations, tourism, soft power, tourism potential, image of the country, cooperation, cultural influence, image of the state, the geopolitical situation, advertising
||Dorzhieva I., Tsyrempilova E. The role of tourism in modern Russian-Mongolian relations // Transbaikal State University Journal, 2022, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 55-62. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2022-28-6-55-62
||1. Vu Yu. Universum: filologiya i iskusstvovedeniye (Universum: Philology and Art History), 2019, no. 11. Available at: https://7universum.com/ru/philology/archive/item/8125 (date of access: 08.06.2022). Text is electronic.
2. Danilenko N. N., Suranova O. A. Sotsialno-ekonomicheskoye razvitiye Rossii i Mongolii: problemy i perspektivy. Materialy VI Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. Izdatel\'stvo Vostochno-Sibirskiy gosudarstvenny universitet tehnologiy i upravleniya (Socio-economic development of Russia and Mongolia: problems and prospects. Materials of the VI International Scientific and Practical Conference). Ulan-Ude: Publishing house East-Sib. State University of Technology and Management, 2019, pp. 119‒122.
3. Dorzhiyeva I.Ts., Tsyrempilova E.V. Obschestvo: politika, ekonomika, pravo (Society: politics, economics, law), 2021, № 6, рр. 46–52.
4. Duurenbileg C. H. Turizm kak faktor ustoychivogo razvitiya regiona. Sbornik materialov II Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. 2019 (Tourism as a factor in the sustainable development of the region. Materials of the II International scientific-practical conference). Gorno-Altaisk: Gorno-Altai State University, 2019, рр. 53‒57.
5. Krystev V. K. Sotsialno-ekonomicheskaya geografiya. Vestnik Argo (Socio-economic geography. Herald Argo), 2017 (6), рр. 92‒102.
6. Mongoliya otkryla granitsy dlya inostrannyh turistov (Mongolia opened its borders to foreign tourists). Available at: https://ria.ru/20220216/mongoliya-1773058103.html (date of access: 13.04.2022). Text is electronic.
7. Munkhzul B. V Buryatii proshel rossiysko-mongolskiy forum delovogo sotrudnichestva (Russian-Mongolian business cooperation forum was held in Buryatia). Available at: https://www.montsame.mn/ru/read/295999 (date of access: 02.06.2022). Text is electronic.
8. Rodionov V.A. Vlast. (Power). 2020, vol. 28, no. 2, рр. 283‒291.
9. Rossiya snyala ogranicheniya na poyezdki v Kazakhstan i Mongoliyu. Available at: https://ria.ru/20220324/granitsa-1779794624.html (date of access: 13.04.2022). Electronic Text.
10. Sukhodolov A.P., Berezhnykh B.V. Baikal Research Journal (Baikal Research Journal), 2011, no. 2. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/perspektivy-rossiysko-mongolskogo-sotrudnichestva-v-sfere-mezhdunarodnogo-turizma-v-baykalskom-regione-na-primere-turistskogo (date of access: 12.04.2022). Text is electronic.
11. Chislo rabochikh mest v turisticheskoy otrasli Mongolii sokratilos na 63% (The number of jobs in the tourism industry in Mongolia has decreased by 63%). Available at: https://regnum.ru/news/economy/3530507.html (date of access: 10.04.2022). Text is electronic.
12. Eksport rossiyskikh obrazovatelnyh uslug: statisticheskiy sbornik (Export of Russian educational services: stat. Sat. Issue. 9). Moscow: Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, 2019, 536 p.
13. MakKlori Dzh. The Soft Power 30: A global ranking of soft power (The Soft Power 30: A global ranking of soft power). Portland, PR Limited, 2015. 53 p.
14. Nay Dzh. The Means to Success in World Politics (The Means to Success in World Politics). N. Y., 2004, 192 p.
|Full article||The role of tourism in modern Russian-Mongolian relations|