Doctor of Economic Sciences
Higher education (specialist), Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “East Siberian State University of Technology and Management”, specialty “Economist Engineer”, qualification “Economist Engineer”.
Leading researcher at the Research Center of the Institute of Economics and Management, professor
• Medal “20 years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War”
• Certificate of honor from the City Committee of the CPSU and the Executive Committee of the City Council of People’s Deputies of Ulan-Ude
• Certificate of honor from the Regional Committee of the CPSU and the Council of Ministers of the Buryat Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic
• Honorary title “Honored Scientist of the Buryat SSR”
• Full member (academician) of the Russian Academy of Social Sciences
• Honorary badge “Honored Economist of the Russian Federation”
• Medal of the Mongolian University “Their Zasag” named after Genghis Khan
• Gold medal of the Mongolian Peace and Friendship Society, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
• Jubilee medal of Orkhon aimag on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of its foundation
• Order of the Polar Star of Mongolia
• Honorary medal of the Central (Tov) aimak for the development of cooperation with the Republic of Buryatia
• Honorary citizen of the Bokhansky municipal formation of the Irkutsk region
• Medal of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation “Children of War”
Born on March 24, 1944 in the village of Khokhorsk, Bokhansky district, Irkutsk region. From 1950 to 1957 studied at the Khokhor seven-year school. At the end of the seven-year period, he continued his studies at the Bokhan secondary school.
In 1962 he entered the Buryat Agricultural Institute with a degree in Technology and Organization of Leather Production.
1963-1966 – compulsory service in the ranks of the Soviet Army.
In 1967, he became a student at the East Siberian Technological Institute, majoring in Economics and Organization of the Food Products Industry. After training, he remained to work at the university as a senior lecturer.
1976 – admission to graduate school at the Moscow Technological Institute of Food Industry.
1979 – defense of the candidate’s dissertation “Ways and reserves for increasing workers’ productivity: the example of flour milling enterprises.”
From 1985 to 1989 combines work as a senior researcher at VTI with doctoral studies at the Institute of Economics and Organization of Industrial Production of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences. In February 1989, he defended his doctoral dissertation “Intensification of the agro-industrial complex of Siberia on the basis of scientific and technological progress.” After a successful defense, scientific and pedagogical activities continued until 1992. During this time, Nikolai Ivanovich became the head of the department. department, dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Economics, and then vice-rector for economics at VSTI.
In 1992-1994. – Deputy General Director for Economics of the Forestry Concern “Zabaikalles”.
Since 2001 – head of the Representative Office of the Republic of Buryatia in Mongolia with the rank of Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Republic of Buryatia, coordinator of foreign economic cooperation of the Republic of Belarus with the countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
In September 2008, a competition was held to fill the position of chief researcher at the department of regional economic research of the BSC SB RAS and was appointed head of the newly organized scientific division.
Since 2015, he has been working at the Buryat State University as a scientific director of the Faculty of Economics, which was then transformed into the Institute of Economics and Management.
Doctor of Economic Sciences