||Middle class of the population of the Transbaikal Region: status and potential under the “income level” criterion
||Romanov V.. Romanova I..
||In human society, from the early historical periods of development, there was its conditional division into three social layers: rich, prosperous and poor. This separation, especially for the middle layer, is based on sufficiently blurred criteria. The experience of industrialized countries speaks of the identification of the middle class with a fundamental component of society, objectively endowed with the property of guaranteeing the socio-political stability of the whole society and its progressive development. The relevance of the study was the need to assess the condition of the middle class of the subsidized region of the country – the Transbaikal Region, since this social layer could have a significant impact on small and medium-sized businesses, consumer and investment markets, and could potentially become the main source of income for the regional budget, which would positively affect the change in the strategic vector of region development. The object of the study is the middle class of the population of the Transbaikal Region; the subject is its qualitative and quantitative characteristics. The purpose of the study is to assess the co-standing and potential of the middle class of the Transbaikal Region according to the “income level” criterion. The objectives of the study: to establish the criteria for the allocation of the middle class to the population of the Transbaikal Region; quantify it; to identify the structure of monetary income of the population by sources of formation; To identify the industry specifics of the concentration of representatives of the middle class of the Transbaikal Region. In addition to general scientific research methods, statistical and comparative analyses were adopted as the main ones.
Results of the research. Based on the analysis of the opinions of experts and the analysis of statistics, income indicators of the middle class of the Transbaikal Region were established – the volume of monetary income for 20 % groups of the population, the decile coefficient and the Gini coefficient, the distribution of the population of the Transbaikal region in terms of average per capita monetary income was obtained, the structure of money income according to the sources of formation for 2018 was established. Areas of economic activity have been established that concentrate representatives of the middle class: the public sector (officials, law enforcement officers, civil servants in senior officer ranks), the non-state sector (owners of small and medium-sized businesses, middle and senior managers, employees employed in the insurance and financial and credit fields, providing general commercial and foreign economic activities, IT specialists, private practitioners, scientists, applicants in subjects).
The materials of the article can be used in the formation of regional programs for the socio-economic development of the Transbaikal Region
|| Transbaikal Region; middle class; social stratification; social structure; region; criteria; expert analysis; statistical analysis; comparative analysis; average per capita income; sources of income generation; entrepreneur-business; small and medium-sized business
||Romanov V., Romanova I. Middle class of the population of the Transbaikal Region: status and potential under the “income level” criterion // Transbaikal State University Journal, 2020, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 103–114. DOI: 10.21209/2227-9245-2020-26-6-103-114.
||1. Borisov A. Sredniy klass, yego zarplata, obrazovaniye i nedvizhimost – kriterii uspeha 2018 (Middle class, his salary, education and real estate – the success criteria of 2018). URL: https://reconomica.ru/economics/analytics/medium-class-in- Russia-2017 (Date of access: 05.01.2020). Text: electronic.
2. Davydenko V. A., Kovalchuk A. I. Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta (Bulletin of the Tyumen State University), 2008, no. 4, pp. 78–85.
3. Issledovaniye: rozhdeniye rebonka lishayet rossiyanina statusa predstavitelya srednego klassa (Research: the birth of a child deprives a Russian of the status of a representative of the middle class). URL: https://mel.fm/novosti/1285790-issledovaniye (Date of access: 05.01.2020). Text: electronic.
4. Kratkiy statisticheskiy sbornik. 2019 (A brief statistical compilation. 2019). Chita: Transbaikalkraistat, 2019. 79 p.
5. Maly i sredniy biznes v Zabaykaliye vso yeshcho v stadii stagnatsii (Small and medium-sized businesses in Transbaikalia are still in a stagnation stage). URL: http://75opora.ru/news/malyj-i-srednij-biznes-v-zabajkale-vsjo-eshhjo-v-stadii-stagnacii (Date of access: 22.01.2020). Text: electronic.
6. Malyshev M. A. Gosudarstvennoye upravleniye. Elektronny vestnik (Public administration. Electronic bulletin), 2017, no. 61, pp. 208–227.
7. Molochnikov N. P., Kryuchenko N. N. Mezhdunarodny zhurnal eksperimentalnogo obrazovaniya (International Journal of Experimental Education), 2013, no. 11-1, pp. 147–149.
8. Petukhov V. V. Sredniy klass v sovremennoy Rossii. Opyt mnogoletnih issledovaniy (Middle class in modern Russia. Experience of many years of research) / ed. M. K. Gorshkova, N. E. Tikhonova. Moscow: All World, 2016, pp. 288–309.
9. Ponyatiye “sredniy klass” i osnovnye kriterii prinadlezhnosti k nemu (The concept of “middle class” and the main criteria for belonging to it). URL: https://spravochnick.ru/sociologiya/sredniy_klass_v_sovremennoy_rossii (Date of access: 02.01.2020). Text: electronic.
10. Reyting regionov po chislennosti srednego klassa (Rating of regions according to the size of the middle class). URL: https://ria.ru/20190812/1557349994.html?in=t (Date of access: 20.01.2020). Text: electronic.
11. Spencer G. Osnovaniya sotsiologii (Foundations of sociology). Moscow: Librocom, 2013. 432 p.
12. Sredniy klass v sovremennoy Rossii: opyt mnogoletnih issledovaniy (The middle class in modern Russia: the experience of many years of research) / ed. M. K. Gorshkova, N. E. Tikhonova. Moscow: The whole world, 2016. 364 p.
13. Fedorov V. M. Sredniy klass v Rossii: vchera, segodnya... zavtra? (The middle class in Russia: yesterday, today ... tomorrow?). URL: http://expert.ru/south/2013/01/srednij-klass-v-rossii-vchera-segodnya__-zavtra/media/preview (Date of access: 20.01.2020). Text: electronic.
14. Shabunova A. A., Solovieva T. S. Sotsialnaya stratifikatsiya i sotsialnaya mobilnost naseleniya Vologodskoy oblasti (Social stratification and social mobility of the population of the Vologda region). URL: http://human.snauka.ru/2013/11/5126 (Date of access: 20.01.2020). Text: electronic.
|Full article||Middle class of the population of the Transbaikal Region: status and potential under the “income level” criterion|